How can therapy help?
Psychotherapy and Counselling can be helpful when difficult, painful or traumatic experiences arise and where your own efforts to resolve them just don't seem to work. Sometimes in these situations, all that may be needed is quality time and space to enquire into and understand what is being experienced which in turn can lead to transformation and a greater sense of well being, contentment and happiness..
The areas that I have experience in are: amongst others;
- Anger and rage
- Anxiety or stress
- Difficulty in dealing with stress or recovering from stressful situations
- Eating disorders
- Extreme mood swings
- Feelings of sadness or emptiness
- General anxiety disorder
- Grief; Difficulty in coming to terms with losses and bereavement
- Lack of confidence
- Obsessive behaviour
- Panic attacks
- Relationship difficulties
- Self harm
- Sexual problems
- Spiritual crisis
- Trauma and its related issues
- Work related difficulties
I work with individuals and couples for either an agreed time period or on an open-ended basis; each with the aim of enabling you to live life more fully.
If you wish to find out more, please contact me.
Thomas Merton OCSO