Qualifications, Memberships and Experience
I trained as a Core Process Psychotherapist with the Karuna Institute (KI) and as a Psychodynamic Therapist with the 'Herts and Beds Foundation'; part of the 'Westminster Pastoral Foundation' (WPF).
- Accredited/registered member of the 'United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapists' (UKCP) ; Registration Number 2011162984
- A member of the 'Association of Core Process Psychotherapists' (ACPP).
- Master of Arts in 'Mindfulness Based Psychotherapeutic Practice' (MA) from the Karuna Institute
- Graduation Diploma in 'Core Process Psychotherapy' (Grad Dip) from the Karuna Institute
- Certificate in 'Mindfulness Based Supervision' OPAL- UKCP registered
- Master of Arts in 'Applied Theology' (MA) from the Missionary Institute London
- Advanced Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling Skills from the Westminster Pastoral Foundation (WPF)
- Diploma in Kum Nye a Tibetan yoga practice for healing the mind and body
- Trained as a Mediator with Bridge Builders
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB)
My work is governed by the professional and ethical guidelines of the UKCP and ACPP.
In the past I have worked as a therapist at the Centre for Better Health, Hackney and have had a private practice in Bethnal Green. I now work in private practice in Bushey, Hertfordshire seeing clients face to face and online. I see clients from all cultures and genders and treat everyone with respect and compassion.
Before becoming a therapist I was a professional banker and project manager in a major UK bank for 20 years (1982-2002) and a CFO/Bursar of a UK registered charity for 15 years (2003-2018). I began my training and practice as a psychotherapist in 2001.
Presently, I am the Treasurer and Director of the Association of Core Process Psychotherapists (ACPP) The Professional Association for Core Process Psychotherapists. A Member of HIPC (The Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy College), part of UKCP.