Qualifications, Memberships and Experience
I trained as a Core Process Psychotherapist with the Karuna Institute (KI) and as a Psychodynamic Therapist with the 'Herts and Beds Foundation'; part of the 'Westminster Pastoral Foundation' (WPF).
I have the following memberships and qualifications;
- Accredited/registered member of the 'United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapists' (UKCP) ; Registration Number 2011162984
- A member of the 'Association of Core Process Psychotherapists' (ACPP).
- Master of Arts in 'Mindfulness Based Psychotherapeutic Practice' (MA) from the Karuna Institute
- Graduation Diploma in 'Core Process Psychotherapy' (Grad Dip) from the Karuna Institute
- Certificate in 'Mindfulness Based Supervision' OPAL- UKCP registered
- Master of Arts in 'Applied Theology' (MA) from the Missionary Institute London
- Advanced Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling Skills from the Westminster Pastoral Foundation (WPF)
- Trained as a Mediator with Bridge Builders
- An Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB)
I have also been a professional corporate banker in the UK and a CFO of a charity as well as having 15 years experience in psychotherapeutic work.
I am currently undertaking further training 'Kum Nye', a Tibetan yoga practice for healing the mind and body. I am also the Finance Director of the Association of Core Process Psychotherapists (ACPP)
My work if governed by the professional and ethical guidelines of the UKCP and ACPP.
I have worked for several years at the Centre for Better Health, Hackney and continue to work now in private practice in Bushey, Hertfordshire and Bethnal Green, London. I see clients from all cultures and genders and everyone is treated with respect and compassion.
I also work with a number of male clients and have gained experience in the exploring the difficulties males face with respect to how they feel about their masculinity and the difficulties experienced in relationships. An area that often arises for men is the territory of 'anger' and how to express it safely. This 'energy of anger' and the reasons behind it can be explored safely in the therapy room. I offer all clients the ability to explore and express their thoughts and feelings without judgement and in confidence.