Qualifications, Memberships and Experience
I studied and trained as a Core Process Psychotherapist with the Karuna Institute (KI) and as a Psychodynamic Therapist with the 'Herts and Beds Foundation' part of the 'Westminster Pastoral Foundation' (WPF).
I have the following memberships and qualifications;
- Accredited/registered member of the 'United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapists' (UKCP) ; Registration Number 2011162984
- A member of the 'Association of Core Process Psychotherapists' (ACPP).
- Master of Arts in 'Mindfulness Based Psychotherapeutic Practice' (MA) from the Karuna Institute
- Graduation Diploma in 'Core Process Psychotherapy' (Grad Dip) from the Karuna Institute
- Master of Arts in 'Applied Theology' (MA) from the Missionary Institute London
- Advanced Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling Skills from the Westminster Pastoral Foundation (WPF)
- Trained as a Mediator with Bridge Builders
- An Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB)
I have also been a professional corporate banker and CFO of a medium sized charity as well as having 15 years experience in psychotherapeutic work.
I am currently undertaking further training in Mindfulness Based Supervision Practice and also 'Kum Nye', a Tibetan yoga practice for healing the mind and body.
I work within the professional ethical guidelines of the UKCP and ACPP.
I have worked for several years at the Centre for Better Health, Hackney and in private practice in Bushey and Bethnal Green. I see clients from many diverse cultures and genders. Everyone is treated with respect and compassion.
I also work with a lot of male clients and have gained experience in the exploring the difficulties males face with respect to how they feel, their masculinity and the difficulties they experience in relationships. One area that often arises for men is the territory of 'anger and rage' and how they feel they have not been allowed to express it or when they do they feel judged. This energy of anger and rage and the reasons behind it can be explored safely in the therapy room. I offer all clients the ability to explore and express their thoughts and feeling without judgement and with confidentiality.